Golden Apple Scholarship of Illinois program is a teacher training and tuition assistance program for high school seniors and freshman and sophomore Illinois college students who have the resolve and drive to be highly active teachers in Illinois schools of need.
Golden Apple Scholarship
The Golden Apple Scholarship is aimed at preparing ambitious men and women who have a passion for teaching, for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Receive:
- Up to $23,000 in total financial assistance for college,
- All-embracing classroom teaching experience
- Academic and social-emotional upkeep
- Job placement guide
- Mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty
Golden Apple Scholarship 2022-2023 Application Process
- A complete online application that includes references and personal statements.
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts for review
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Standardized test scores are non-compulsory and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple
- Scholars Program. The review committee will review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements, and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
- Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to help in research purposes.
- All home school students are expected to submit test scores for application review.
- Participate in forthcoming Scholar interviews
Also Read: Best and Fast Student Financial Aid Process
Golden Apple Scholars Program Eligibility Requirements
- High school Class of 2022
- College Freshmen and Sophomores at Partner Universities in Illinois
- Community college students in Illinois
Golden Apple Scholarship of Illinois General Requirements
- Illinois High School Senior, Illinois Partner University Freshman or Sophomore, Illinois Community College Student.
- U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or Documented student and resident of Illinois
- Academic Requirements
- Every application submitted to Golden Apple Scholars receives an all-inclusive review. This means every section of your application is reviewed and considered in order to make a decision. One single item does not determine your application decision.
Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Completion Requirements
- Meet ISAC program requirements
- 2.5 GPA
- Participation in Golden Apple Scholar Institutes
- Code of conduct compliance
- Bachelor’s degree from an Illinois Partner University
- Illinois teaching certification
- Teach for five years in an Illinois school-of-need within 7 years of graduation