We are glad to inform you that Rotary Foundation is now accepting Rotary Peace Fellowship applications for the academic year. Candidates have until 15 May to submit applications to The Rotary Foundation. Rotary endorsers must submit endorsements to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Applications
The Rotary Peace Fellowships is a fully-funded USA Scholarship for all international students who wish to study in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Program provides over 130 fully-funded fellowships to the great leaders of their community from all over the globe. The Rotary Foundation offers 50 fellowships for master’s degree programs and 80 fellowships for professional development certificate programs.
Follow these steps to ensure that your Peace Fellowship application receives consideration.
- Review the eligibility restrictions.
- Research the curriculum and programs at each of the Rotary Peace Centers. You will be asked to rank two centers you prefer for the Master’s program and up to two centers for the certificate program if you meet the eligibility criteria for both programs.
- Engage with Rotary. Use the Club Finder to locate the Rotary club nearest you. Connecting with a club is a great way to learn about Rotary’s work in your community and around the world. A club recommendation is optional but strongly recommended as part of your application.
- Submit your peace fellowship application by 15 May. Applications require a resume, academic and/or professional recommendations, essays, transcripts, social impact plan (certificate only), and test scores (master’s only).
- All materials must be in English.
- Get endorsed. In early June, if your application meets the qualification and eligibility criteria, it will be automatically assigned to a trained Rotary endorser who is either a member of a District Rotary Peace
- Fellowship Subcommittee, a member of a Rotary club, or a Rotary Peace Fellow program alumnus. Your assigned endorser will reach out to you to schedule an interview during the month of June. After your interview, the Rotary endorser will submit an endorsement decision for your application by 1 July.
- Await selection results. Email notifications will be sent in November. If you are chosen for a fellowship, you will be told at which Peace Center you will study.
- Apply for admission (master’s only) to the university where your Peace Center is located. Being selected for the fellowship does not mean you have been admitted to the university.
Rotary Peace Fellowship Centers:
Rotary Peace Centers offering the Master’s Program is located at:
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- University of Bradford, Bradford, England
- International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
- Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Duke University and the University of North Carolina, Durham and Chapel Hill, USA
Benefits of Rotary Peace Fellowship Program
- Tuition fees will be covered.
- Room and board
- Round-trip transportation
- All internship expenses will be provided.
- Field-study expenses will be covered.
- Health insurance will be covered
Peace Fellowship Selection process
Between July and October, the Rotary Peace Centers Committee, composed of Rotarians and university representatives, screens applications and selects the ﬁnalists based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to peace and development
- Leadership potential
- Compatibility with fellowship objectives and fit with Rotary
- Feasibility and impact of Social Change Initiative (Certificate only).
Peace Fellowships 2023 Eligibility restrictions
Rotary Peace Fellowships may not be used for doctoral study. The following people are not eligible for the fellowship:
- Active Rotary members
- Employees of a Rotary club or district, Rotary International, or other Rotary entity
- Spouses, lineal descendants (children or grandchildren by blood or legal adoption), spouses of lineal descendants, or ancestors (parents or grandparents by blood) of any living person in these categories
- Former Rotary members and their relatives as described above (within 36 months of their resignation)
How to Apply for Rotary Peace Fellowships?
- A candidate must first review the restrictions to apply.
- After that, a candidate must research the program and Rotary Peace centers.
- A candidate will get the choice to choose two centers for the master’s degree program and one for the certificate program.
- All candidates must submit the application before May 2022.
- A Rotary Fellowship application requires the following materials in English;
- A resume
- An academic or professional recommendations
- Essays, transcripts
- A social impact plan (certificate only)
- Test scores (master’s only).
- An applicant’s application must be endorsed by the nearest Rotary district.
- Results will be announced in November 2022.
- Till that time, apply for admission to the university in which you wanted to avail Rotary Peace Fellowship.
Peace Fellowship Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the Rotary International Fellowship 2022-23 is 15th May 2021.
Candidates who are willing for Rotary Peace Fellowship applications must have at least three years between the completion of their most recent academic degree program (undergraduate or graduate degree) and their intended start date for the fellowship.
Rotary Peace Fellows who have completed the certificate program, Master’s program, or a Global Grant Scholarship, must wait three years between the end date of that program and their intended start date for the fellowship.