The US government welcomes large numbers of new arrivals every year through what is called U.S. Diversity Green Card Lottery and getting a great job to both gain experience and set down roots is a core part of the American dream for many. Below are US Government Jobs Available For Immigrants.
US Government Jobs Available For Immigrants
Do you know that there is a steady jobs in the USA for immigrants? The USA economy has added millions of jobs since Joe Biden took office and it has continued even till now. Unemployment is falling and a number of industries, including manufacturing and healthcare, expect significant growth over the next few years.
Here are some of the most common entry-level jobs available for immigrants coming into the US:
- Customer service roles
- Grooming and personal care positions
- Transportation work
- Tailoring and dressmaking
- Manual labour positions
- Agricultural roles
- Food and beverage, restaurant, and dining sector
- Factory and manufacturing work
Visa Requirements for Employment in the US
Here’s the normal process for getting a US employment visa:
- The prospective employer secures a labour certificate and files an immigrant petition on behalf of the employee
- Once USCIS² approves the petition it is sent on to the National Visa Centre (NVC)
- Once a visa is available, you’ll need to pay your fee and submit the required documents to the NVC. The wait time for a visa to come available does vary widely based on your application type and home country
- You’ll need to attend an interview at a US embassy or consulate location near you
- You may need to take medical tests or get vaccinations, depending on the situation
- If your application is approved you’re given a set of documents to hand over to the immigration authorities when you arrive in the US. Follow the instructions carefully here to make sure your entry to the country goes smoothly.
Documentation to Apply for US Jobs For Immigrants
Check the paperwork you need to gather before you go to your visa interview. Typically you need the following:
- Form DS-260.
- Passport photographs.
- Civil documents like birth and marriage certificates.
- Proof of financial support.
- Medical certificates as required.
Hope this information on US Government Jobs Available For Immigrants was useful, do use the comment box below and also share with those that might be interested.