Singapore International Graduate Awards is a merit-based award for all international students who have extraordinary academic records. SINGA program attracts the outstanding minds of the world to continue their Ph.D. in the best institutions in Singapore.
Singapore International Graduate Awards
SINGA is a competitive merit-based Singapore Government scholarship that receives over 250,000 applications from 170 countries across the globe. Out of these, only 900 students are selected.
SINGA aims at inviting students from diverse backgrounds and it also helps Singapore in becoming a talent hub. SINGA serves as a linkage between the bright minds of the world and Singapore. Students from around the globe get a chance to pursue their doctoral studies in the universities like Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, and the Singapore University of Technology.
Also Read: 13 Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students Without IELTS 2022
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is an alliance between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. You can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore with SINGA, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
Singapore International Graduate Awards (SINGA):
- A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
- The scholarship are offered by the Agency for Science, Technology, Research, Singapore.
- 4 Years.
Benefits of Singapore International Graduate Awards:
Below are the benefits of the Singapore International Graduate Award
- SINGA covers the full tuition fees of the awardees.
- The fellows will get a monthly stipend of S$ 2,000.
- The monthly stipend will be increased to S$ 2500 after qualifying for the first examination.
- The fellow will receive a one-time airfare grant up to S$ 1500.
- The fellows will receive a one-time settlement grant of S$ 1000.
- The settling-in allowance will be provided for up to S$ 1,000.
Eligibility Criteria of Singapore International Graduate Awards
- The applicants must be international students.
- The applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants must have excellent academic results.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
- SINGA needs no specific certificate for English Language Proficiency as it can be assessed during the interview. However, English Language Certificate can be a requirement of the individual university.
- Singaporean nationals or candidates who already have completed tertiary education in Singapore can not apply.
- The applicants who wish to apply for the master’s program are not eligible.
- Only the candidates who want to pursue their Ph.D. in science and engineering are eligible.
- PhD courses for social sciences, humanities, economics, etc are not eligible.
Required Documents for Singapore International Graduate Awards:
- A copy of a valid passport.
- A recent passport-size photo in JPG or PNG format.
- All academic transcripts are translated into the English language.
- 2 recommendation letters will be submitted by the referees online.
- English proficiency certificate (if required by the university).
How to Apply for Singapore International Graduate Awards
- The candidates have to submit all the necessary documents online.
- The candidates have to select the research projects by browsing the projects from “Go to Research Areas”.
- The referees have to send the reference letters directly to SINGA.
- The application process will start once at least two reference letters will be received by SINGA.
- Softcopies of the required documents must be uploaded to the online application.
- Applicants who are applying through the SINGA portal are not required to apply on university portals separately.
- Try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline because once the application is submitted your referees relieve an email and they are 7 days to complete and send the reference letters.
- The candidates have to elaborate their research proposals in the application forms.
- The candidate can submit more than one or up to 3 research proposals.
- There is no need to contact the supervisor in order to apply for SINGA.
- The candidates can apply in any field of interest for PhD and there is no compulsion to follow the major bachelor.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Hope this information was useful, do us the comment box below and also do share.