The International English Language Testing System is the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and global migration. More than 10,000 organisations accept IELTS in over 140 countries.
It helps you get a better job or a promotion in your home country. All immigration authorities that require an English language test will accept IELTS.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- You must be a permanent resident in one of the following countries: Colombia, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, United Arab Emirates or Uzbekistan.
- Applicant must begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in academic year 2020/202.
- Candidate must attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
- Aspirants must have to register for an IELTS test with the British Council between January 2019 and February 2020 and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application form.
- Candidate must have a minimum overall band score of 5.
- Applicant must be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by July 2020.
- All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Level of Study
The program is open for the following degree programs:
- Undergraduate degree in any subject
- Postgraduate degree in any subject
Why you should apply for this program
When you are selected, the British Council provides a £3,000 prize.
You have the opportunity to improve your English and communication skills.
Also you’ll get real experience of professional environments and equipment within the specialised learning facilities of the University.
Steps to Apply the British Council IELTS Award
There are two steps to apply for the British Council IELTS Award, after confirming your eligibility. And the application steps go like this;
Step 1: Start your Application
You will need to complete the IELTS Prize online application form and upload the following documents during the process:
- IELTS Test Report Form
- Recent passport size photograph
- Passport or identification document proving your permanent residency in one of the eligible countries.
- Special requirements certificate (if applicable)
Step 2: Personal statement
You are required to submit a personal statement describing your reasons for applying for a particular course and in what ways you expect your study experience to make a difference to your life and those around you.
It should be no more than 500 words.
Use the comment box below to join this page discussion. Also, sure sharing this page across all social platforms to spread the news.