India is one of the best places in Asia that accommodates international students for students in its various colleges and universities. These learning institutions in India are known for their excellent engineering and technology curricula, producing the best graduates in these areas. Aside from this feat, India is a cheap place to study for international students as its a vast developing nation. Below is the Top Full Scholarship Programme for International Students in India.
Schooling in India is inexpensive for international students, like said earlier, it can never be compared to having the study sponsored. It is on this note we have compiled a list of top fully funded scholarships in India for International Students as well as Indian who wishes to study abroad.
Top Full Scholarship Programme
Scholarships in India are provided by the government, private organizations, and host institutions for students hoping to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate, or research programs.
The Bachelor’s degree takes between three and five years, depending on the stipulated time of the course, Master’s degree takes a year or two if it’s a medical course and as for a doctorate degree, it takes the international-standard time of between three and five years.
India Scholarship for International Students is centrally handled by SII (Study in India). It was designed to award scholarships and tuition fee waivers for meritorious students applying to study in India. The SII is majorly handled by the India Ministry of Education, Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of External Affairs. They collaborate with other partners to package the scholarship which includes: tuition fee, accommodation and food cost. Beneficiaries of the scholarship are group into two, based on a merit list and the Ind-SAT examination. A set of scholarships are offered based on a merit-list, that is evaluated, following the document verification process. The scholarship is awarded to only the exemplary students who appeared for the online-procured, 90-minute Ind-SAT examination.
The application process is through the national portal, where you will need to input your personal details and upload your academic documents, transcripts, evidence of English proficiency if you are not from an English-speaking country. You will also need to either translate your documents to English or Hindi if they are not in the mentioned language.
It is important you note that you must have been admitted to an SII approved school before applying for the scholarship and to apply for a student visa, your course must be above six months. The individuals with Pakistan passport are not eligible for the Full Scholarship Programme for International Students in India
List of Top Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students in India
There are numerous scholarships open for international students in India, the top ones are listed below:
1. KIIT University International Scholarships: The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) University is a premier University in India. The KIIT scholarship programme for international students is aim to enable and encourage talent international students. These scholarships are awarded in all the fields except MBBS, Dental, Nursing and Architecture courses. It is not a full funded programme, in fact, it is 50% scholarship which covers accommodation and tuition fee waiver.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, in short, all countries under South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) are not eligible to apply for thd programs. Application deadline is June 30.
2. Indian School of Business (ISB) International Scholarships: The Indian School of Business (ISB) scholarship program is open for international students who want to pursue a postgraduate degree in business management. Eligible candidates should be students who are willing to enrol in the ISB’s one-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP).
The scholarship awardees are 26 per year and beneficiaries must an accumulated work experience, a valid Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, and a certificate of English language proficiency.
The ISB Scholarships is grouped into categories:
ISB Merit Waivers: This category grant 25% to 100% tuition fee waive to beneficiaries
ISB-AIESEC Scholarship: SB-AIESEC Scholarship grants INR 1,000,000 ($14,360).
Bridge to India Scholarship: This third category grants INR 500,000 to INR 1,000,000 ($7,180 to $14,360) to deserving individuals.
La Caixa and Casa Asia Scholarship: Beneficiaries receive full expenditures: tuition, accommodation and food fee
Talentia Scholarship: Tealentia also comes with full package expenditure.
Application usually closes October 15.
3. ITEC/SCAAP Government of India Fully Funded Scholarships: The Government of India, through the National Institute of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD), accepts applications for its ITEC/SCAAP Scholarship Program. This scholarship is for international students willing to undergo a training program in India such as the previous 6-week International Training Program on International Marketing and Global Competitiveness, International Training Program on Rural Enterprise Planning and Promotion or Women and Youth Entrepreneurship in Water Supply and Sanitation Development. Currently, there are about 105 available scholarships up for grabs.
Eligible applicants are international students from the ITEC (Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation) countries. They should also be proficient speakers of the English language. Beneficiaries of these scholarships receive a fee waiver, accommodation allowance, monthly stipend (INR 25,000 or $360), book allowance (INR 5,000 or $72), project allowance, study tour allowance, visa fees, and airfare to and from India. The deadline for application is 30th June.
4. Nalanda University Master Fellowship for Foreign Students: This scholarship is sponsored by the prestigious Nalanda University for graduate international students. Candidates are required to have excellent academic records in their previous degree programs. They are also required to submit a certification of English language proficiency, together with the duly accomplished application form and other necessary documents. Applications should be made once the candidate applies for admission to Nalanda University. Successful applicants are given up to 100% tuition fee waiver, accommodation allowance, and food allowance. Application deadline July 25
5. SIU-ICCR Joint Scholarships for Developing Countries: The Symbiosis International University (SIU) and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) have forged a partnership to provide a scholarship program for international students in India. The partnership is aimed at prospective undergraduate and postgraduate international students from developing countries. The beneficiaries of this scholarship programme will enjoy a full tuition fee waiver, accommodation allowance, and meal allowance. The application deadline isn’t stated.
6. Sikyong Professional Scholarship Program in India: This scholarship is exclusively for Tibetans, who are willing to pursue undergraduate and Master’s degree for a professional course. The courses available for undergraduate are Category A: Competitive Professional Studies (UG): Medicine, Dental Surgery, Medical Specialists, Engineering, Business Administration, Law, Pharmacy, Mass Communication, Architecture, Education, Computer Application, Fine Arts, Chartered Accountant, Developmental studies & Multimedia studies and Post Graduate Studies include: Master of Science, Master of Commerce, Master of Arts, Master of Philosophy & Doctor of Philosophy.
Indian Department of Education, CTA and Tibet are conjointly funding the programme which covers both tuition fees and maintenance allowance. The closing date of the application is between mid and late August.
7. E-Governance Digital India Fellowship for International Students: The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology scholarship programme is specifically designed for government officials, implementers and Individuals interested in research in various areas of e-governance from eligible central, state government, government academic institutions in India who have at least 10 years of professional experience in public administration or academic work and have already assumed initial managerial or academic responsibilities or are preparing for a position of leadership. Applicants must have at least ten years of professional experience and must not be above 50 years.
8. World Nomad Travel Film Scholarship Program, India: The World Nomad sponsored scholarship is geared towards providing support for the talented travel photographer, filmmaker or writer into the field to capture the world’s stories while learning from seasoned industry professionals. The beneficiaries are given the opportunity to capture the stories of communities living in India’s very own tropical paradise – Kerala. The support grants beneficiaries travel expenses, lodging and meals and participation fees for seminars; travel expenses, and the stipend for the practice phase to cover accommodation, meals etc. The programme is open for all countries and the deadline for application isn’t stated.
9. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR): Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. The aims and objectives of the Institute are to promote and conduct research on developmental issues from a broad inter- disciplinary perspective (economic, technological, social, political and ecological). The Scholarships is for students from selected Asian countries. All selected candidates will receive the scholarship, medical coverage, book grants, conference travel funding, housing, and one round-trip economy airfare.
The scholarship though open for international students but exclusively for citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam.
10. Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance Early Career Fellowships for International Applicants in India: The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a scholarship programme for Early Career Fellowships in Biomedical Research. There are no restrictions based on age or nationality. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is a £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK, and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field. Beneficiaries enjoy competitive personal support, generous research funds, funding to work overseas for up to 2 years and develop international collaborations.
11. TWAS-CSIR 2020-2021 Postgraduate Fellowship Programme for Researchers in Developing Countries: The programme is for young scientists from developing countries (other than India) who wish to pursue postgraduate research in emerging areas in science and technology for which facilities are available in laboratories and institutes of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India. The course available for this programme includes Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular BiologyBiological, Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics. The deadline for the application is 31 July.
Conclusion: Studying in India is worthwhile for international students and it is more enjoyable if one is granted a scholarship. There are many scholarships grant available in India for international students. If you are hoping to study in an Asian country, you are making the right choice by checking the Top Full Scholarship Programme