China as the most populous country in the world is one of the best places for international students. If you are thinking of going to China for your undergraduate, masters, doctorates and other studies with a full scholarship, we have assisted in compiling up with Top 30 Full Scholarship programmes for International Students available in China.
Top 30 Full Scholarship
Chinese Scholarship is available for both Chinese and international students. There are over 200 universities that offer this scholarship, which is handled by the Chinese Scholarship Council. The study can be either first degree, masters or doctorates. The Scholarships is usually an online application system and the admission process generally started from December to April every year.
Why Study in China
1. World Class Education: Some of the learning institutions in China are one of the most important universities in the world with very capable hands. Their schools have global recognition and they most offer English-taught courses to non-Mandarin speakers.
2. Work Opportunities: China is the second largest economy in the world, it doesn’t only allow you to study but gives room for students to work while studying as well as after studying.
3. Cultural Integration: Studying in China as an international student exposes you to different cultures and most especially the Chinese culture as well as learning the world most spoken language which is mandarin.
4. Premium Cost: Compare to other European and American countries, China is relatively cheaper in terms of studying and living. The country also offers full scholarship which covers all your expenses, therefore making you have a better study experience.
5. Networking: Studying abroad generally allows you to boost your contact, China is no exception, as you will not only interact with the people of China but also meet other nationals that will boost your network for future purpose.
What are the Requirements for China Scholarship
The following are admission requirements for studying in any of the Top 30 Full Scholarship in China:
- Applicants must not be a Chinese citizen
- Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally
- Applicants for the first degree must not be older than 25 years old.
- Applicants for a master’s degree must not be older than 35 years old
- Applicants must not be older than 40 years old.
Documents Needed for China Scholarship Application
For you to apply for any of listed Top 30 Full Scholarship, you must have the following;
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
2. Notarized Certificate
3. Notorized academic transcripts
4. A Study Plan or Research
- 200 words for undergraduate
- 800 words for undergraduate
5. Two Recommendation Letters
6. A CD of your own works (only required for arts students and should include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works);
7. Under 18 applicants are required to submit documents about their guardian.
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (copy). The original copy should be kept for visa processing.
9. Front page copy of a valid passport;
10. A copy of a pre-admission letter from designated Chinese university
11. A copy of a language proficiency (if available).
Types of Full Scholarship for International Students in China
There are three types of scholarship administered by the China Scholarship Council, they are:
Type A CSC Scholarship
This Top 30 Full Scholarship covers registration fees, accommodation for the university resident which will be shared with some other students. It also covers basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses which is between 350 and 500 USD.
Type B CSC Scholarship: The type B scholarship covers registration fees, accommodation and other Type B benefits, except monthly allowance.
Type C CSC Scholarship: This is another type of scholarship in China with little benefits.
How to Apply for China Top 30 Full Scholarship for International Students in China
The following steps will guide you through the process of applying for the Top 30 Full Scholarship in China:
Step 1: Search for university which offers your course, the university must be CSC affiliated
Step 2: Contact with a Professor of the university and request him/her to accept you as a student. Being accepted by a professor increase your chances of getting the scholarship.
Step 3: Fill a CSC Online Application Form through Chinese Government Scholarship login: http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/
Step 4: Pick the admission type
Step 5: Fill in other necessary information needed
Step 6: Complete “ Physical Examination Record for Foreigner ” form and also attach required reports with this Medical Form which is also called Foreigner Physical Examination Form
Step 7: Take the print and complete all the necessary Documents
Step 8: Visit any Chinese embassy in your country and submit the documents
Step 9: The embassy will further process your documents
Step 10: Wait to receive notification of your application
Top 30 Full Scholarship for International Students in China
There are a lot of scholarship opportunities in China, we have listed the Top 30 Full Scholarship available for you to choose from:
1. Jiangsu Provincial Government Scholarships: The Jiangsu Provincial Scholarship is a government sponsored programme for outstanding international students and scholars to study in schools of the province. The scholarship is fully funded which include: tuition, registration, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks; Accommodation, Monthly stipend, Medical insurance and more and it is full time. The scholarship also has non-academic programme and accepts exchange students. Bachelor’s programme will last for 4 years while the Master’s programme is 3 years. 15th of April is the application deadline.
2. Anhui Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students: Anhui Provincial Government Scholarship for International Students is available to all the applicants of bachelor, master and doctoral programs who applies for universities of Anhui Province, as well as those degree students who are already studying in universities of Anhui Province. Beneficiaries of any type of Chinese scholarship programmes can not enjoy the Anhui Provincial Government Scholarship. It is established to attract more international students to study and research in Anhui institutions of learning. The scholarship worth 20,000 yuan/year for a bachelor’s degree; 30,000 yuan/year for a Master’s degree and 50,000 yuan/year for a Doctorate programme.
3. Shanghai University International Student Scholarship: This is sponsored by the Shanghai government. It is fully funded for Master’s programme which is 2-3 academic years, Doctorates programme which is 3-4 academic years, while degree programme which is 4-5 academic years is partially funded. The scholarship covers everything including tuition fee, accommodation, medical insurance and lots more. 15 April is the deadline for application
4. Beijing Government Scholarship: The scholarship is sponsored by the Municipal Government of Beijing. It only covers tuition fee and also programmes are 4 years. Chinese study and specialized training is 1 year. The application deadline is usually February.
5. Jiangsu University (JSU) Presidential Scholarship: This is an English-taught scholarship for international students. It is generally a partial scholarship. Doctorates program gets full tuition and accommodation; Masters: 20,000 yuan/year and Bachelors: 10,000 yuan on tuition in first year. Application deadline is August 10.
6. Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) Scholarships: This is an all Chinese-taught scholarship for international students. It is fully funde: covers tuition fee, accommodation and the likes. It was established to promote the study of science technology. Deadline for the application is 20th June.
7. Xiamen University Scholarships for New International Students: This is a fully funded scholarship which caters for outstanding international students. There are only 24 beneficiaries of this programme per year – 8 Doctorates, 11 Masters and 5 undergraduate applicants. April 30 is application deadline.
XMU scholarships is divided into two: First Class scholarships and Second Class scholarship. The awardees performance each year determines the class of scholarship
First Class Scholarship: Candidates for doctoral and master’s programme will have their tuition covered and are offered monthly allowance of 3,500 and 3000 yuan respectively. The PhD programme is usually 4 years while the master’s is 2-3 years.
Second Class Scholarships: Undergraduates candidates are not qualified for the first class. Thier study year is between 4-5 years, while the doctoral and master’s programme year is not different from the first class scholarship.
8. Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGC) for International Students
This scholarship, provided by the Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in two types: Master’s or Doctoral degrees (full scholarship) and degrees (partial scholarship). The scholarship covers tuition waiver and comprehensive medical insurance for bachelor’s students while it covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance for master’s students and doctoral students. The study duration for undergraduate studies is 4-5 years, 2-3 years for masters and 3-4 years for the Doctorate programme. The deadline for the application is 30 April.
9. UNESCO/ People’s Republic of China Co-Sponsored Fellowship for Students from Developing Countries: This is a full scholarship for scholars who want to further thier studies or do individual research sponsored the Government of the People’s Republic of China and UNESCO. The fellowship is for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region. 75 candidates are selected each year and the programme duration is 1 year. April 9 is application deadline.
10. Chinese Government/African Union Scholarship for African Students: The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarship offers to the AU through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable Africans to study in China. The scholarship will cover the cost related to teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students from the fund of the foreign aid, supervising thesis. Application deadline is June 30
11. The Schwarzman Scholars Program for International Students: This is a yearly scholarship programme to select world’s next generation of leaders with open mind and limitless potentials. The selection is not based on their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
200 scholars have usually selected annually, candidates must have a first degree and must be proficient in English. The application deadline is 28 September.
12. Asean University Scholarship Programme: This is a full scholarship that provides funding for international students studying full-time in China. The scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, monthly stipends, and insurance fee. Candidates applying for this programme must be foreigner and must be physically fit. The programme is only for master’s study and candidates must not be above 35 years old. March 31st is tentative deadline for the application process.
13. Nottingham Global fully-funded programme: The University of Nottingham Ningbo, China offers fully-funded scholarship for brilliant students at undergraduate level only. The programme will provide an award amount of 110,000 RMB per student, an equivalent of 100% toward the first year of undergraduate tuition fees to the successful students.
14. UNNC International PhD Positionsin Physical Geography: This offer is for PhD students both international and Chinese students. The main aim of this programme is to promote a deep understanding of Geography subject as well as skill relevant to one’s future career.To be eligible, the applicants must have a first-class honours undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university, or the equivalent from other institutions. The programme is fully funded which includes tui waiver, medical insurance, monthly allowance and others.
15. Harbin Institute of Technology Chinese Government Scholarship Program : The government scholarship programme is for international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree. HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee. Master’s candidates must not be above 35, while doctoral candidates must not be more than 40. The application is ongoing.
16. Yenching Academy of Peking University, Master of China Studies Program: This is a sponsored programme for Humanities and Social Sciences Courses in China. The scholarship is fully funded which includes tuition fee waiver, medical insurance, accomodation and monthly allowance. The programme is stipulated for a year but could be extended for another year and the deadline for application is January 15. Beneficiaries of the scholarship are usually 125 candidates per year.
17. Chinese Government-Chinese University Scholarships: This opportunity is open for graduate students who are outstanding in thier course of study to study in some designated Chinese universities. The programme covers tuition fee waiver, accomodation, medical insurance and monthly stipend. Master’s students are expected to spend 3 years maximum while Doctoral degree is 4 years maximum. Application deadline is 14th April.
18. USTC “Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program“: This is a full scholarship programme for graduate students sponsored by the Ministry of Education supporting China universities to admit outstanding non-Chinese students to study in specific provinces or autonomous regions. It is fully funded, that is, every need will be taking care of and will cover 2-3 academic years for Master’s students and 3-4 years for PhD Students. The application deadline is March 15.
19. Fujian Normal University President Scholarship: The President Scholarship at Fujian University is for outstanding foreign students recommended by international schools, institutions and post graduates tutors who have cordial relationship with the Fujjan University. The scholarship covers all expenses for the study duration. However, the scholarship is being review each year, qualification is determined by the student’s performance. Application deadline is June 30.
20. Ministry of Commerce Scholarships for Developing Countries: The Scholarship is designed by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. It is full scholarship for graduate students only, which includes tuition waiver, accommodation fee, medical insurance, monthly allowance. 3500 yuan per month for PhD students while 3000 yuan/month is given to Master’s students. Application deadline is April 30.
21. CAS/TWAS President’s PhD Fellowships: The fellowship programme is agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS). It is put forward for the advancement of science in developing countries. The programme is only for doctoral degree and 200 scholars are picked all over the world. The fellowship duration is 4 years. All sucsseful candidates will be provided tuition waiver plus application fee.
22. Qingdao Government Scholarship for International Students: The programme is designed to attract and encourage more international students to study in Qingdao and engage in scientific research. The funding standard for the scholarship for graduate students is 30,000 yuan per person, undergraduate students 20,000 yuan per person and long-term advanced students per person 10, 000 yuan. The application deadline is June 15.
23. Tianjin University Full and Partial Scholarships for International Students: The program is partially and fully sponsored for international students. The full scholarship covers tuition fee and living allowance while partial scholarships covers only tuition fee. Candidates apply for degree programme must not be above 30, 35 for master’s and 40 for doctorates programme. Deadline for application is June 15.
24. Harbin Engineering University (HEU) Full Undergraduate & Graduate Students: The program is set up to promote the development of education and to attract distinguished international students to study at HEU. It is only for graduate students and the scholarship value is of two types: First Prize Scholarship which covers tuition fee and monthly allowance ; Second Prize Scholarship covers 50% of tuition fee. Application deadline is May 31st.
25. Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program for International Students: The Bilateral Program includes a full or partial scholarship established by the Chinese Ministry of Education in accordance with educational exchange agreements or consensus between the Chinese government and governments of other countries, institutions, universities or international organizations.
The programme is for undergraduates, graduates and scholars. Undergraduates students must register for Chinese-taught credit courses, while graduate students and scholars are at liberty to take either Chinese-taught or English-taught courses. The duration of study for undergraduate students is 4-7years, master’s students 2-5 years, doctoral students 3-6 years, general scholars are 2 years and senior scholars 2 years.
26. Zhengzhou University President Scholarships for International Students: The programme is aim at sponsoring international postgraduate students to pursue their degree, especially the doctor degree, in Zhengzhou University. The duration of scholarship varies from 3-4 years according to duration of full time master and doctor program. The scholarship covers tuition fee, accommodation and monthly stipend for doctorate programme, while master’s students enjoy partial or full scholarship. Application deadline is June 30.
27. Siemens China Scholarship at Tsinghua University for International Students: The programme is sponsored by Siemens Ltd., China to support outstanding international students to pursue Ph.D. degrees in Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Academy of Arts & Design, School of Software, Department of Automation, Department of Electrical Engineering and other related departments or schools at Tsinghua University. The programme is 4 years and students will enjoy free tuition fee, accommodation and monthly stipend. Application deadline is March 1.
28. Masters in Research and Innovation in Higher Education (MARIHE) Scholarships:The MARIHE scholarship is a fully funded master’s programme for international students. It covers tuition fees and allows to cover all expenses that non-EU students normally face during their studies. Application deadline is December isn’t specified.
29. Central South University International Students Scholarship: The Central South University (CSU), China scholarship is available for Bachelors, Master, Doctoral and Chinese language training. It is a fully-funded scholarship that covers tuition fee, accommodation, medical insurance and living allowance. First-degree students enjoy 2000 RMB/month as living allowance, 2500 RMB for master students and 3000 RMB for doctoral students. The scholarship also has partially funded programme which covers only tuition fee and medical insurance. The deadline for application is May 18.
30. NPU President Scholarship Program: The Northwestern Polytechnical University President Scholarship is open to international students to pursue bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s program. NPU President Scholarship includes a prize and second prize.
The first prize beneficiaries enjoy free tuition, accommodation and insurance fee. They also enjoy a monthly allowance: 1,500RMB/month for each bachelor’s candidates, 2,000RMB/month for each master’s candidates and 3,500RMB/month for each doctor’s candidates. The second prize beneficiaries only enjoy a free tuition fee. The application deadline is June 30.
Conclusion: There are lots of Scholarships available to choose from in China. You can only apply for two scholarships at a time, anything beyond that will reduce your chances of winning the scholarship. Learning in China is worthwhile.
Hope this information on the Top 30 Full Scholarship for International Students in China was useful, do share this information with people around you and also use the comment box below.