Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships awards a certain number of students each session
Each scholarship covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student.
But note that the awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
- The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and
- Applicants must have been applied admission to a full-time on campus PhD research programme of study.
Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
Who can’t apply for the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on a PhD programme cannot be considered for these awards.
- Applicants who have applied for consecutive registration it start its Masters programme of study this year and the PhD the following year, will also not be eligible to apply for the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships award.
Please note that Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
How to Apply for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship Programme
First, make sure that you have read the information on this page and you understood all instruction, if not use the comment box below so we can further put you through.
Then ensure that the scholarship award is ungoing (you should know from the website), because it is a yearly programme.
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application by before the deadline.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship and to access the online application form.
Use the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship application link to start your application – SEE LINK HERE>>> https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/postgraduate/international/global/research
Meanwhile, sometimes information may be passed (via the website) to some field of study to send a mail to EconPGR.firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain a paper application form, and to be returned before a given deadline.
What next after application?
It is anticipated that all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application for the award after a short whiles (sometimes few weeks or a month later).