Applications are now opened for the CSA Group Graduate Scholarship. This scholarship to study in Canada have been created to support graduate students in any field working on a topic that is related to standards.
Graduate students studying at the Master’s level at accredited public universities in Canada are eligible to receive the award.
CSA Group Graduate Scholarship
CSA Group’s commercial subsidiaries provide expert testing, inspection, and certification services that enable manufacturers to demonstrate that their products are in compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and operating performance standards for markets around the world. They offer deep expertise and industry-leading service delivery across a wide range of current and emerging technologies.
- Host institution: Publicly funded and accredited Canadian universities in Canada.
- Fields of study: Any. Candidates just need to include standards as a component of their research.
- A number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: up to two (2) years.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
CSA Group Graduate Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship to study in North America is intended for master’s degree students in any field that include standards as component of their research. The scholarship will provide $10,000 per year for a maximum duration of two years.
CSA Group Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Canada, candidates must be:
- accepted to a graduate program for full time studies at the Masters level, or must be currently be enrolled in a Masters program at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian university
- accepted to or enrolled in a Masters program to hold the award
- enrolled at a publicly-funded, accredited Canadian university.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of five to six CSA Group staff members. Applications will be evaluated based on three selection criteria:
Academic Excellence (40%)
- Indicators of academic excellence are based on the applicant’s current level of study and include:
- Academic record
- Scholarships and awards
- Publication record
- Past research experience
- Duration of past studies
- Type of program and courses pursued
- Consideration of breaks in study (e.g. maternity leave, illness, etc.).
Quality of the Research Proposal (50%)
- Determined based on the clarity, potential impact and scientific relevance of the proposed research question and methodology. Indicators of quality include:
- Significance and feasibility of proposed research
- Potential impact of research on standards
- Quality of the written proposal.
DEADLINE: Mar 31, 2021
FUNDING: Partially Funded
OPEN TO: All
Applicant Characteristics and Related Experience (10%)
- Determined based on the level and quality of involvement in work, academic and extracurricular activities.
- Involvement in activities that demonstrate leadership and contributing to one’s community
- Demonstration of volunteerism/community outreach, involvement in academic life
- Demonstration of project management and organizational skills.
Interested candidates in this Canada scholarship must submit the required documents to email@example.com by the deadline.
- Application Form
- Letter of support from a supervisor
- Referee Forms from two referees, sent directly by the referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by the required deadline.
All documents must be received by . For further details on the CSA Group Graduate Scholarship for Master’s students, please visit the official page.
Please share this opportunity with friends and relatives on