The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the leading voice in the nation’s equity and education for women and girls.. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the AAUW Career Development Grants Awards for the current year.
|Scholarship Sponsor(s)||The American Association of University Women (AAUW)|
|Scholarship Type||Fully Funded Scholarship|
|Scholarship level||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Scholarship Worth||$2,000 – $12,000|
|Subject Eligibility||Technical or Professional Courses|
|Country/Candidate Eligibility||Scholarship is for students resident in the United States|
|English Language Requirement||Note stated|
About The American Association of University Women (AAUW)
The AAUW was founded in 1881 and its members have taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day. These fundamental issues are educational, social, economic and political. The AAUW’s mission is to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. The Career Development Grants aim to make funding available to women who had a bachelor’s degree and are preparing to advance or change careers or re-enter the workforce.
Application Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The applicant must be women pursuing a certificate or degree to advance their careers, change careers, or re-enter the workforce.
- The applicant must have received her bachelor’s degree at least five years before the award period.
- Applicant must not hold an earned (not honorary) graduate or professional degree
- Applicants are enrolled or planned to enroll in courses/activities that are required for professional employment or advancement and
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree program that is different from the field of study of the previously earned bachelors degree
- Master’s degree program
- Certification program
- Technical school
- Professional degree (e.g. law or medicine)
How to Apply for the AAUW Career Development Grants Awards
- Applicants are to start the application process by accessing the official scholarship link and create an online account. Applicants are to complete all the required components in the following fields.
- Eligibility: Applicants must pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Recommendation: Applicant’s recommendation must be submitted by a college counselor or adviser, an instructor, or a work supervisor who knows the applicant well.
- C.V./ Resume